Venue & Accommodation
Location: Upper Campus, University of Cape Town
Building: Leslie Commerce Building
Department: Information Systems (Level 3)
The annual event will take place at the University of Cape Town, Upper Campus. We will use the Information Systems Seminar Room located in level three inside Leslie Commerce Building.
For convenience, you are encouraged to look for accommodation close to the venue. Below is a list of Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts and Guest Houses that are relatively closer to campus and have profiles on websites such as Booking.com, Hotels.com Expedia.com, and Tripadvisor, where one can easily find information on availability, pricing, and quality of service. Use Google Map to see the exact distance from the different accommodation options to University of Cape Town (Upper Campus). Often Uber or Taxify services tend to be the most convenient transport options from hotel to campus and back. However, we also encourage you to consult with your specific hotel/B&B and seek advice on transport options.
- Southern Sun Newlands (www.tsogosun.com/southern-sun-newlands)
- Park Inn by Raddison Newlands (www.parkinn.com/hotel-capetown-newlands)
- Protea Hotel Mowbray
- Double Tree by Hilton – Cape Town Upper Eastside
Recommended B&Bs and Guest Houses
- Medindi Manor Guest House (www.medindimanor.com)
- Little Scotia Guest House (www.scotia.co.za)
- Devonshire House (thedevonshirehouse.co.za)
- Knightsbury Guest House (www.knightsbury.co.za)
- Carmichael House (www.carmichaelhouse.co.za)
- Villa Garda B&B (www.villagarda.co.za)
- Riversong Guest House (www.riversongguesthouse.co.za)
You can also consider making use of AirBnB (www.airbnb.com). It offers a variety of options depending on your needs and can be convenient for those looking for simple and affordable accommodation as well as those travelling with family and want a self-catering accommodation. AirBnB works slightly differently from a typical hotel or BnB so if you are going to be using AirBnB for the first time, please do some research on the basic dos and don’ts before making a booking.